viernes, 13 de marzo de 2015



Ejercicios de repaso; tiempos verbales, relativos.

a)      ................................you please help me wash the car?
b)      I..............................go to Greece for my holiday. What do you think?
c)      We............................visit him next week.
d)      Jessica......................speak French and also Italian.
e)      You...........................drink beer! You´re not 18 yet.
f)        I...........................decide whether he´s telling the truth.
g)      She............................finish painting the room by tomorrow.  She´s too busy.
h)      He........................take my car and bring it back later.
i)        We...................................sleepl.  You are making too much  noise.
j)        We almost had an accident, but fortunately, the driver......................stop in time.
k)      I...........................see you tomorrow because  I´m going away.
l)        Luckily, the firemen........................... rescue the family from the burning building.
B.     In this exercise you have to make sentences with “may” or “might”.
Example: “Do you know if Jack´s in his office?”
                 “I´m not  sure.  He may be in his office.
a)      Do you know if they are married?...........................................................................
b)      Do you know if she wants to go?............................................................................
c)      Do you know if he´s telling the truth?.....................................................................
d)      Do you know if he has a car?.................................................................................
C.     In this exercise you have to talk about your (or other people´s) future plans. But
you are not sure what it is going to happen. Use “may” or “might”.
Example: Where are you going for your holidays? (to Italy??)
                 I haven´t finally decided but I may (or might) go to Italy.
a)      What sort of car are you going to buy?  (a Mercedes??)
I´m not sure yet but.......................................................................
b)      What are you doing this weekend? (go to London??)
I don´t know for sure but..............................................................
c)      Where are you going to hang that picture? (in the dining room??)
I haven´t made up my mind yet but............................................
d)      When is Tom coming to see us? (tomorrow evening???)
I´m not sure but............................................................................
e)      What´s Jill going to do when she leaves school? (a secretarial course??)
She hasn´t decided yet but.........................................................
 D. Make the following sentences interrogative:
a)      There may be an election next  year. ..........................................................................
b)      Ann will be able to find our house ...............................................................................
c)      They have  been able to find the house.......................................................................
d)      Jenny could speak English and French.......................................................................
E.     Make a), b), c) and d)  negative.
a).............................................................................................................
b).............................................................................................................
c).............................................................................................................
d).............................................................................................................
                 
RELATIVES
DEFINING RELATIVE CLAUSES (Oraciones de relativo especificativas)
WHO (THAT)  para personas (que)
WHICH (THAT)  para cosas  (que)
WHOSE  posesión (cuyo, cuya, cuyos, cuyas)
WHO, WHICH (THAT) como sujetos de la oración de relativo.
Examples:    I spoke to the woman.
                     She lives next door.
I spoke to the woman WHO lives next door.  (WHO=sujeto de la oración de relativo)
                     The man was very nice.
                      He interviewed me.
The man WHO interviewed me was very nice. (WHO = sujeto de la oración de relativo)
                      The keys have disappeared.
                      They were on the table.
The keys WHICH  were on the table have disappeared. (WHICH=sujeto de la oración de relativo)

A.      Read the two sentences and then write a sentence with WHO or WHICH. (Lea las dos oraciones y luego escriba una oración con WHO or WHICH.)

  1. She is the woman.  She gave me my first job.
  2. He picked up the book.  It was on the desk.
  3. She  is the woman.  She telephoned the police.
  4. He´s the person.  He wanted to buy your house.
  5. We threw out the computer.  It never worked properly.
  6. This is the lion.  It´s been ill recently.
  7. The man was badly injured.  He was driving the car.
  8. The childlren broke my window. They live in the next street.
  WHOSE para indicar posesión.
  Examples: There´s the man.  His wallet was  stolen.
                    There´s the man WHOSE wallet was stolen.
B. Read the two sentences and then write a sentence with WHOSE. (Lea las dos oraciones y luego escriba una oración con WHOSE)
1.      There´s the  lady.  Her dog was killed.
2.      He´s the person.  His car was stolen.
3.      They are the people.  Their shop burned down last week.
4.      I´m the one.  My flat was broken into.
5.      That´s the student.  Her parents complained about the school.
WHO, WHICH (THAT) cuando no son sujeto de la oración de relativo.  Normalmente WHO y WHICH  se omiten.  (Contact clauses)
Examples: The man was away on vacation.
                  I wanted to see him.
The man WHO/(THAT) I wanted to see was away on vacation. (El sujeto de la oración de
relativo es  I  (no who) y en este caso podemos omitir el relativo)
The man I wanted to see was away on vacation.
                  You found the keys. 
                   You lost them.
You found the keys WHICH/(THAT) YOU  lost. (El sujeto de la oración de relativo es YOU
(no which) y podemos omitir el relativo.
You found the keys you lost.

C.Read the two sentences and then make a sentence without WHO or WHICH. (Lea las dos oraciones y luego haga una oración sin WHO o WHICH).

1.      The meal was delicious.  Ben cooked it.
2.      This is the chair.  My parents gave it to me.
3.      The man was holding the gun.  We saw him.
4.      The TV programme was very sad.  I watched it last night.
5.      The girl had red hair.  We visited her.
  PREPOSITIONS + WHICH AND  WHOM (Podemos usar una preposición delante de
  WHICH y WHOM)
  Examples: That´s the town in  which  he was born.  (Esa es la ciudad en la que nació)
                    The people  with whom I stayed were very nice.  (Las personas con quienes
                     me alojé eran muy agradables)
 No obstante es más usual  omitir el relativo y  dejar la preposición al final.             That´s the town he was born in (omisión del relativo porque “he” es sujeto preposición al final.)
                   The people I stayed with were very nice(omisión del relativo porque “I” es sujeto  y preposición al final.)
D.     Read the two sentences and then make a sentence.(Lea las dos oraciones y luego haga una oración)
1.      The man is Sue´s cousin. I introduced you to him.
2.      The hotel overlooked the sea.  We stayed at it.
3.      The shop is closed.  I bought the shoes from it.
4.      The people like him very much.  He works with them.
      WHERE, WHEN, WHY
E. COMPLETA ESTAS ORACIONES.
1.      We visited the school....................my father taught.
2.      I met her last month...............she came to our house.
3.      Did they tell you the reason................they were late?
4.      I´m talking about the time..................they didn´t have cars.
5.      I never liked the house...................my husband was born.
                 





































No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario