miércoles, 11 de febrero de 2015

Modal Verbs (Verbos modales)


Completa las siguientes cuestiones y haz clic en el botón -Corregir Ejercicio- para obtener la corrección de este ejercicio.
Q1 of 10: Megan _____ play both the piano and the guitar.

 
 
 
 
Q2 of 10: Start eating without me, I _____ be late.

 
 
 
 
Q3 of 10: You _____ wear a helmet when riding your bike.

 
 
 
 
Q4 of 10: _____ you help me with my homework?

 
 
 
 
Q5 of 10: I know it's difficult, but we _____ succeed!

 
 
 
 
Q6 of 10: That cut looks infected, you _____ go to the doctor.

 
 
 
 
Q7 of 10: I _____ eat my dinner last night, my stomach hurt.

 
 
 
 
Q8 of 10: Glen _____ come with us to the movies if he finishes his work.

 
 
 
 
Q9 of 10: I _____ like to learn English some day.

 
 
 
 
Q10 of 10: We ______ break the window because we locked the keys inside the car.

 
 
 
 

Ejercicios: Verbos Modales (Modals) III

Continúa aprendiendo los verbos modales completando las siguientes oraciones con la palabra correcta:

    1. Andy …………… know how to make a barbecue.
    1. If she studies a lot she …………… improve her pronunciation.
    1. The football practice …………… be quite hard.
    1. James …………… clean his bedroom sometime.
    1. You …………… visit the new restaurant in town.
    1. The activities …………… be more interesting.
    1. Mike …………… buy the tickets before the concert.
    1. My mother …………… make a delicious food for Christmas.
    1. You …………… understand the rules before playing poker.
    1. Tom …………… play if he finishes the work.
    1. If she needs something she …………… call her home.
    1. My father …………… consider the idea of buying a new house.
    1. Sonia …………… knit beautiful and colourful sweaters.
    1. She …………… explain the exercises many times.
  1. Peter …………… read the book for the test.

Los verbos modales: expresar la probabilidad

Completa las frases con must, can't o might.
A: I'm going to climb the Himalaya next summer.
B: But you are seventy years old! You  be serious. You  be mad.
A: It  be wonderful to be up there and have the entire world at your feet. It would be a dream come true.
B: But you  have an accident or get killed. I don't think it's wise to take the risk.
A: Young man, your life  be much fun if you never take risks. You should do it from time to time. You  enjoy it!
B: Enjoy it! You  be joking. You  never come back from this adventure.
 

Verbos modales de probabilidad y posibilidad en inglés

Escoge la mejor opción para completar las siguientes frases.
 1 / 10  
  1. You ..... fail your exam! You've been studying for weeks.
    1.   must
    2.   might
    3.   can't
1. Perhaps she needs help with her homework. (might)
She .
2. I'm certain he works here. We take the elevator together every morning. (must)
He . We take the elevator together every morning.
3. It's impossible that they miss the flight. They left for the airport ages ago.(can't)
They . They left for the airport ages ago.
4. I'm sure there is a bus to the center every ten minutes.(must)
There .
5. Perhaps it rains tonight! The weather is unpredictable at this time of the year.(may)
It ! The weather is unpredictable at this time of the year.
6. It's impossible that these trousers fit me! They aren't my size. (can't)
These ! They aren't my size.
7. I'm sure the file is in the top drawer. (must)
The .
8. The traffic is very slow so perhaps he is late. (may)
The traffic is very slow so .
9. It's impossible that you are hungry after such a big lunch. (can't)
You .
10. I'm certain my keys are in my purse. (must)
My .

 
1. I went to their house yesterday but all the lights were out. They  (must/go) on holiday.
2. My keys are not here. My son  (may/ take) them.
3. She  (can't/help) him with the plan because they have never met before.
4. They didn't come nor call yesterday. They  (must/forget) about the appointment.
5. I can't find my reading glasses. I  (might/leave) them at the office.
6. He stayed with us all he weekend. He  (can't/drive) to Paris to visit his brother.
7. My bike is not here anymore. Someone  (must/steal) it.
 
1 She (go)  to the university if she wants to be a doctor.
2 We (take)  an umbrella. It´s going to rain.
3 The exam is going to start. You (be)  quiet.
4 Girls (walk)  alone at nights.
5 You (read)  the instructions before using it.
6 It´s too hot. You (wear)  a T-shirt.
7 He´s drunk. He (drink)  anymore.
8 Tommy (finish)  his homework before playing the guitar.
9 (we / wear)  a tie?
10 You (not watch)  TV so close. It can hurt your eyes.
 









No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario